International Artists Headline 2019 Foo Foo Festival in Pensacola, Florida
Date Posted: Aug 07, 2019
Popular 12-Day Arts, Culture and Entertainment Celebration Arrives October 31 – November 11
PENSACOLA, Fla. – June 26, 2019 – Pensacola, Fla., the Culture Capital of the Southeast, is excited to announce the 2019 arts, culture and entertainment headliners for the Foo Foo Fest taking place October 31 – November 11, 2019. The highly-anticipated arts and culture festival, one of the largest in the Southeast, is produced by the nonprofit organization, Art, Culture, and Entertainment, Inc. (ACE) and spans an impressive 12 days. This year’s Foo Foo Fest line up runs the gamut from internationally-acclaimed classical piano virtuoso Garrick Ohlsson, renowned jazz band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and Multi-Grammy nominated musician Marsha Ambrosius to “Skulptures” (a display of 3D printable skateable concrete structures), a performance of The Savannah Sipping Society (a new play by The Golden Girls writers), and Fire and Rain (a sea of billowing holographic strands suspended above historic Intendencia Street).
Pensacola’s pristine sugar-white beaches and emerald green water entice visitors from all over the world. Upon arrival in the delightful Florida panhandle city, many find themselves equally captivated by its history, culture and diverse heritage. The Foo Foo Festival profiles and celebrates this wide array of culture throughout the city for an astounding 12-days, featuring innovative and extraordinary artists from all genres including art, music, dance, theatre and much more. Strategically positioned around and during some of Pensacola’s most popular events, the 12-day Foo Foo Fest straddles some of the area’s longstanding and favorite happenings including the 47th Annual Great Gulf Coast Arts Festival, the Blue Angels Homecoming Air Show, Pensacola Eggfest and the 35th Annual Frank Brown International Songwriters’ Festival.
“We encourage cultural tourists to vacation artfully and make Pensacola their fall must-see destination,” said Foo Foo Fest Committee Chair Maria Goldberg. “Pensacola is highly regarded in the arts and culture community and is quickly becoming the culture capital across the Southeast. We’re excited to present another year of stellar and diverse experiences during this year’s festival that will attract regional and national visitors alike.”
The 12-day event is chock full of inclusive, thought-provoking and mind-extending cultural happenings. People of all ages and tastes will enjoy diverse offerings ‘round the clock from “Friends of Foo” in addition to recipients of nearly $400,000 in grants for juried artist displays, concerts and performances which include:
- Choral Society of Pensacola – Choir! Choir! Choir! an event that is equal parts singing, comedy and audience participation
- Downtown Improvement Board/Artel Inc. – Fire and Rain, a suspended sea of billowing holographic strands ripples high over historic Intendencia Street like a quilt of sparkling diamonds
- First City Arts Alliance – 3DPrintsacola combines machine generative art with hands-on artmaking practices to create 3D printed skateable concrete “Skulptures”
- Greater Pensacola Symphony Orchestra, Inc – Legendary pianist Garrick Ohlsson performs with the Pensacola Symphony Orchestra
- Jazz Pensacola – Jazz Pensacola presents renowned Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, a contemporary jazz & swing revival band from Southern California
- Lamplighters, Inc. – StompFest 2019 will immerse the Gulf Coast in contemporary African-American art, dancing, and stepping blended with a mix of spoken word, live music, and visual artistry with special celebrity guests Marsha Ambrosius, Mannie Fresh and Steven Brown
- Legal Services of North Florida – Jazz for Justice brings in well-known musicians and local artists for a unique jazz and blues festival in downtown Pensacola.
- Pensacola Little Theatre – A performance of “The Savannah Sipping Society,” created by the same writers of The Golden Girls
In addition to the plethora of arts and cultural happenings during Foo Foo Fest, Pensacola offers year ‘round historic walking tours, a large farmer’s market, quaint shops, food trucks and brewery tours. Visitors can stroll along the bay, enjoy the beautiful beaches, experience the culinary arts scene, and take in historic sites all staged in the backdrop of relaxed elegance unique to this historic city on the Gulf Coast.
For more information about the 2019 Pensacola Foo Foo Festival visit www.FooFooFest.com or follow Foo Foo Festival on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Art, Culture, Entertainment, Inc. (ACE)
ACE is a nonprofit organization that receives Federal, State of Florida, Escambia County, City of Pensacola, corporate, foundation and personal funds. ACE disperses these funds through an equitable granting process to nonprofit arts, culture and entertainment organizations throughout Escambia County, Fla., and promotes Escambia County as an arts and cultural destination through the annual Foo Foo Festival and other marketing efforts. For more information about ACE, visit www.acepensacola.org.
Share this post